Location : Saint-Hubert, QC
Type of job : Full Time
Welcome to the world of AGCO. We are a world leader in the design, construction and distribution of agricultural solutions. We work tirelessly to improve the productivity and profitability of today’s farms. We are adapting to the changing world of agriculture. Without limits. We do it for farmers. For those who work for them. For ourselves. For the future.
The St-Hubert office is AGCO’s global center of expertise for IoT (Internet of Things) for farm buildings. Our solutions, of which we are very proud, are recognized as being of very high quality and have been deployed worldwide for more than twenty years.
The product development manager has the mandate, with the help of an agile multidisciplinary team of which he (she) is the leader, to develop and deliver products in the fields of control and supervision of environments and feed for cattle breeding. He (she) will also assume the role of Product Owner (PO) within the Agile team.
As the incumbent, you will also be responsible for maintaining the skills and performance of the team. You will favor a context of open collaboration, where innovation is encouraged and therefore error is allowed on short development cycles. You will plan and supervise the team’s activities and follow up on deliveries. Also, you will recruit and assess staff, devote time to them and offer them opportunities to grow. You will be the main communication agent between the team and all other departments of the company. You will therefore make every effort required to ensure the motivation of the teams and the success of the projects.
Duties and responsibilities of the position
- Manage a team of around 8-15 developers (SW and quality assurance)
- Assume the role of Product Owner within the Agile team.
- Define and execute the project plan.Communicate proactively about changes and the status of projects.
- Integrate new electronic developments in collaboration with the electronic project manager.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables via unit, integration, non-regression and performance tests.
- Collaborate with the test automation department to increase team productivity and product quality.
- Plan and coordinate beta tests on customer sites.
- Provide market support if software problems are the cause of faults (level 3)
- Establish product marketing criteria based on customer requirements and ensure compliance with these criteria.
- Collaborate with product management teams and various stakeholders in defining the short-term product roadmap
- Develop expertise and optimize team performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or more in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field.
Qualifications and experience
- 15 years of experience in software product development on different embedded platforms. Web experience an asset.
- 5 years of experience in managing design teams
- Strong experience in software design and debugging on dedicated and custom hardware platforms.
- Demonstrable track record in software design for real-time applications with Linux and other integrated operating systems.
- Proficient in project management, including designing schedules, funding, monitoring and project status reports.
- Communication, negotiation and leadership skills / interest.
- Respect for individuals, ideas and opinions.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Fairs and exhibitions. Beta sites. 2-4 times / year.